As your Director of Marketing Operations, I will be responsible for the development and management of the cross-functional Go-To-Market planning processes and timelines, creative production timelines, and project management workload for your company. As the Director of Marketing Operations, I will lead the Marketing Project Management function and be responsible for the development and successful application and adoption for the Marketing Technology Stack. I, the Director of Marketing Operations, am a strong production and process minded leader, with the ability to lead and maximize the talents of the marketing department and cross-functional teams while efficiently managing multiple high-volume projects with overlapping and/or conflicting deadlines. I will support the successful integration of your company’s promotional calendar with the Marketing calendar, and lead all accountability measures for Marketing, CRM, and Digital/Ecommerce with their partners across the organization, including the Program Director and eCommerce Operations Director.
- Develop a vision and strategy for the cross functional Go-to-Market process, timelines and milestones and manages the Cross-Functional vertical calendar, ensuring it ladders up the company promotional calendar.
- Be an operations leader across multiple departments for your company: Marketing, CRM, Digital, Creative and Ecommerce teams.
- Develop continuous improvement plans, ensuring all departments and processes evolve as the business demands, while maintaining adequate structure and frameworks to allow for business and team growth.
- Exercise cross-department thinking as it relates to resourcing and time-management, building a resource utilization model and a capacity model to manage throughput (volume & velocity) of total department workload
- Conduct working sessions to identify process pain points across teams, and develop roadmaps and timelines for improvement.
- Develop standard operating procedures (SOPs) and service level agreements (SLAs) in partnership with the Director of Web and Data Operations and the eCommerce Operations Director to ensure accountability and compliance across teams.
- Develop sustainable workflows for photography sample gathering, photo shoot preparation, and communications.
- Develop communication platforms for updates, utilizing an agile methodology as well as waterfall methodology where applies.
- Manage the day-to-day work for the Project Management Team, assigning projects based on capacity and implementing creative and marketing touchpoints to support daily/weekly intake of new projects.
- Oversee a team of Project Management contractors, managing the budget and timelines for their contracts based on seasonal capacity spikes and special projects.
- Understands business objectives in partnership with the Integrated Teams and leads and mentors Project Managers in prioritizing workloads and project intakes.
- Implement process and procedural improvements to create a new standard of excellence in both Project Management and my overall quality of work.
- Manage the Operations Budget line for Technology systems and create run-rates for expected growth and needs. Pitch annual budget needs to senior and executive leadership.
- Develop initiatives for long-term growth in partnership with the Marketing and Digital VPs and Marketing VPs.
- Develop newsletter and communication platforms to keep leaders and teams up to date on process and technology roadmaps.
- Report data findings and develop dashboards for Executive Leadership team (ELT), and presenting updates in weekly action meetings to SLT senior leadership team (SLT) members.
- Drive teams and leaders towards decisions and actions and recaps and drives continuous growth in a concise and understandable format.
- Additional leadership partners include: Merchandising, Promo Planning, IT Services, Store Operations, and Merchandising Presentation. As well as various outside vendors and partners.
- System administrator for Klaviyo, Mailchimp, Facebook, Instagram, Tealium, Adobe Realtime CDP, Segment, Shopify, Adobe Commerce, Magento, and any future technology solutions for the Marketing Department.
- Implement a new marketing frameworks consisting of Portfolios, Programs and Projects in a scalable format across both businesses and all marketing and cross-department work.
- Develop workflows for creative reviews.
- Develop an integrations roadmap for all tech stack, transferring data 2-ways and building a secure platform in partnership with IT Services.
- Overhaul roles, responsibilities and security settings to gain efficiencies and continuous improvement on IT compliance.
- Manage the marketing calendar through administrative methods to keep the calendar updated and develop continuous improvement plans to adapt to the growth in campaign development.
- Mine for opportunities to streamline workload through automations and AI capabilities.
- 15+ years of experience with Marketing Operations, with preferred Creative Operations experience
- 5+ years of experience managing a marketing budget.
- Ability to lead through ambiguous and competing priorities by developing a data-driven point of view that supports the department goals.
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite, optimization technologies, and work management platforms, specifically Atlassian Jira project management tools.
- Experience researching, identifying and implementing innovative technology tools for departments. Ability to develop at scale.
- Experience in IT integrations with 2-way data mapping across multiple technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of Marketing planning and operations across multiple departments, print production, asset management processes, digital transferring and archiving of files.
- Experience developing and maintaining process maps for efficiency and quality assurance.
- Experience in presenting to Senior Leadership, organizing data and information in a digestible and actionable manner.
- Proven ability to effectively drive efficiency to hit deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Work collaboratively with other team members to deliver high quality marketing strategies and ensure seamless execution.
- Proven examples of how technology drove business health and efficiencies that optimized the operating spend.
- Ability to prioritize, assign and monitor team workloads for on time, on brand, on budget asset delivery.
- Agency and client management experience.