As your marketing operations director, I will drive savings/efficiencies and operationalize new functions to drive profit return to the company. Specifically I will do Forecasting and Optimizations, Annual Planning, Management of Agency Relationships and Contracts, and Management of Departments/Projects related to communications that are in the “operationalizing” phase of development (ex: Shopper Marketing).
- Manager A&P process and related profit/volume returns. Representing divisional A&P to senior leadership via S&OP Reconciliation and monthly processes.
- Lead CCI for Marketing Department.
- Lead the Annual Plan process
- Manage the Agency roster, relationships and contracts, including evaluations, audits, RFPs and negotiations.
- Development, engagement & management of direct reports and associated departments they manage; mentoring of others (specifically Shopper Marketing & Promotions teams)
- Leadership and collaboration across regions and functions.
- Proactively identifying areas of opportunity to operationalize and drive efficiency and growth throughout the division processes.
- Full supervisory responsibilities, contributing to motivation/development of the team; ensures team members are motivated and capable of performing at a high level. Sets vision, objective and goals. Coaches and manages team, departments and individuals. Mentors and serves as a leader in the organization.
- Expectation to drive CCI and optimize contracts via negotiating with third parties. Works closely with procurement and acts as the internal expert in agency and marketing subject matters in these interactions.
- Acts as the third party in agency – client (ME lead) conversations related to performance and scopes.
- Drives divisional P&L choices via A&P management. Tracks A&P to P&Ls, finds profit opportunities and facilitates topline-bottom-line growth conversations across media team and business team. Additionally manages working/non-working targets, CCI targets, and efficiency of A&P related to leveraging 3rd parties (ex: agencies)
- Operationalizing departments requires a willingness to establish a working knowledge of subjects to enable leadership and effectively operationalizing without losing quality (Ex: Shopper marketing, Agency Subject Matters such as Media, Creative, Data Analytics Systems, etc)
- BSC Marketing or related field
- Expert level understanding of concepts, principles and practices in Marketing/Finance/CCI and a sound understanding in other areas including Sales and Procurement
- Defines standards and specifications around which others will operate.
In-depth understanding of how own area integrates with other Marketing areas and with other functional areas such as Finance, Business Leads and Sales.
- Deep understanding of the consumer package goods and working understanding of advertising agency industry
- Exercises discretion regarding strategic recommendations, data and sources, analytic conclusions, and financial recommendations
- Demonstrated relevant skills & results in consumer packaged goods marketing, P&L management, forecasting and business planning required.
Management and development of direct reports and team require
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and experience working across regions preferred
- Strong leadership, strategic thinking, communication and teamwork skills.
Manage internal relationships and influence business choices with Marketing, Finance, CCI, Procurement and Sales
- Manage external agencies and negotiate contracts
- Developed communication & diplomacy skills required to guide, influence & convince others; strong relationship with marketing, finance, procurement, sales, agencies and occasionally customers
- Strong analytical and project leadership experience with ability to manage multiple projects
- Expertise in syndicated databases, market research, business 7 brand planning, advertising, finance, promotional activities and consumer communications
- Evaluates complex situations using multiple sources of information.
High level analytical skills and evaluative judgment based on the analysis of factual and qualitative information in complicated or novel situations.
- Filters, prioritizes, analyzes and validates potentially complex & dynamic material