“Launch sequences” is a marketing term for the process of building anticipation and a sense of urgency to buy a new product rather than simply ‘announcing the product’ once.
Imagine you’ve just created a new product and you’re getting ready to let the world know about it. Instead of adding it to your website and sending out an email, you could:
- Start posting on social that there is a big announcement coming
- Have those interested in the big announcement sign-up to an email list
- Plan to have a webinar or Google Hangout event on launch day
- Send out the email letting them know of the launch event
- Have the event explaining the new product and give them a coupon that only works that day
Email service providers like Infusionsoft have “landing pages” that can be created specifically for creating an opt-in page for this purpose, but you can also make your own using WordPress and Mailchimp or use a service like LeadPages.
The key is to create a sequence that builds up anticipation to the announcement, drip out more information about the product over time, and then give a time-sensitive offer to close the deal. This gives you more time to convince and convert visitors into customers.