If you’re a fast-growing e-commerce company looking for a Director, Supply Chain Operations – E-Commerce with strong communication skills who can collaborate and build relationships with internal/core teams, external partners, and customers to achieve a high level of corporate performance, look no further than eCommerce Erich.
I aim to provide administrative, operational and management support to your e-commerce business. Reporting directly to the Managing Partner, as your Supply Chain Operations Director, I will be the primary lead for your supply chain strategy. I will be responsible for developing, innovating and driving new processes and initiatives in the e-commerce space. I will be spearheading cross-functional engagement to deliver the company’s current objectives and navigate challenges. I will work to identify opportunities with a cohesive solution strategy. I will own and improve your company’s internal processes and current approach, while also ensuring you understand the external landscape. I am not just aimed at focusing on the day to day, rather focused on developing and improving a business strategy for the long-term.
As the Supply Chain and Operations Director, I will manage a growing team of purchasing leads, logistics leads and vendor account managers. I will lead new projects and build cross-functional SOPs applicable to the end-to-end supply chain.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, as well as work as an integral member of the Management Team in developing strategic operational plans, department budgets as well as enhance profitability, productivity and efficiency throughout the Company operations.
- Develop working relationships with Sales and Business Development Leaders to develop short- and long-term strategies in evaluating and managing suppliers, brands and distribution partners.
- Develop and foster relationships with suppliers and rep agencies to incorporate sales goals into operational objectives.
- Decides on the supply and distribution methods by tracking the efficiencies of each delivery mode, e.g., land, air, and sea.
- Heads the supply chain and purchasing department by ensuring all subordinates are in line and performing according to the department’s standards.
- Manages a group of supply chain assistants and managers by monitoring if they organize and carry out supply chain tasks as assigned.
- Grows the supplier database by building good relationships with distributors.
- Keeps up-to-date with supply chain developments by reviewing global trends in the supply chain field.
- Ensures timely and correct communication of authorized orders to suppliers to facilitate timely delivery of ordered items.
- Ensures optimum supplies at all times by reviewing reports concerning inventory levels.
- Ensures optimum staffing for all sections under the supply chain by putting together a demand-driven staffing model.
- Improves supply chain efficiencies by automating all key supply chain processes.
- Implements and manages new technologies to advance competence in supply chain development.
Experience and Qualities:
- Able to demonstrate with 8 to 10 years of experience in a similar capacity.
- Able to demonstrate with 8 to 10 years of experience in interaction with different distributors/ suppliers.
- Previous experience as a purchasing officer, supply chain officer advancing to a managerial role.
- Previous work experience in a similar industry, like retail, manufacturing, logistics .
- Able to visit U.S. warehouses, if needed.
- Leadership – Supply Chain Director is in charge of managing the efforts of various staff teams. Effective leadership abilities are crucial for this position because of great responsibility and influence.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Understands market dynamics as well as the legal and regulatory landscape.
- Knowledge of the ERP system e.g., NetSuite, Rossum, etc.
- e-commerce experience in different marketplaces, especially Amazon.
- Basic accounting skills.
- High level skill set in MS Excel and Google Sheet.
- A high level of written communication skills is mandatory.
- Excellent planning and scheduling skills are required.
- Above-average time management skills are necessary.
- Hands-on, self-driven and self-starter. A go-getter personality.
- Proactive and has strong problem-solving skills.
- Able to work in the Eastern Standard Time Zone (UTC-05:00)
- Degree in purchasing & supply chain management, procurement, logistics, or a related field
- Familiarity with US-based suppliers, warehouses, logistics, and shipping carriers e.g., USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc.