If you use Jetpack for WordPress, every January you’ll get a “2012 Year in Blogging Annual Report”. Here is mine from this past year:
4,329 films were submitted to the 2012 Cannes Film Festival. This blog had 29,000 views in 2012. If each view were a film, this blog would power 7 Film Festivals. In 2012, there were 63 new posts, growing the total archive of this blog to 260 posts. The busiest day of the year was April 30th with 592 views. The most popular post that day was Email is Dead, Long Live Email.
Attractions in 2012
These are the posts that got the most views in 2012. You can see all of the year’s most-viewed posts in your Site Stats.
- 1. What Happened to CollegeClub.com? 1 COMMENT September 2009
- 2. Erich Stauffer Figurines Price Guide 7 COMMENTS December 2011
- 3. Best of Arnart Crossed Arrows 1 COMMENT September 2009
- 4. Arnart Imports Porcelain Marks 3 COMMENTS December 2009
- 5. 80′s Toy Rediscovered – The Original Roller Racer 0 COMMENTS December 2010
Some of your most popular posts were written before 2012. Your writing has staying power! Consider writing about those topics again.
How did they find you?
The top referring sites in 2012 were:
- Google Reader
Some visitors came searching, mostly for “erich stauffer”, “erich stauffer figurines”, “collegeclub.com”, “mexican cat”, and “designed by erich stauffer”.
Where did they come from?
135 countries in all! Most visitors came from The United States, but the United Kingdom & Canada were not far behind.
Who were they?
Your most commented on post in 2012 was Noise.
These were your 5 most active commenters:
- 1. Robby Slaughter 6 COMMENTS
- 2. J Brock 2 COMMENTS
- 3. Jessica Poux 1 COMMENT
- 4. Blake 1 COMMENT
Perhaps I should follow their blog or send them a thank you note? View the full report here.