A Product Manager must be passionate about defining, developing, marketing, selling, and supporting solutions in a highly competitive environment. The role includes strategic planning activities such as establishing and executing a product line vision throughout its lifecycle. It also includes hands on tactical support for customers, sales, and marketing.
- Analyze market research, industry data, sales results and individual product sales performance to determine product line direction and supporting product development, sales and marketing strategies.
- Create annual revenue, product development, and supporting resource plans for assigned product line(s).
- Perform market research, conduct customer interviews, analyze sales data, and extract sales, applications, and engineering input to identify market-driven product/service development opportunities and generate supporting business cases.
- Partner with Engineering to create product definitions (including feature/functionality requirements, performance specifications, and COGS goals) and establish product development project plans (including determination of overall timeline and identification of key milestones).
- Collaborate with Sales, Applications Engineering, and Communications to establish and execute new product introduction and go-to-market strategies.
- Establish pricing strategies, tactics, and programs to drive revenue and achieve profitability goals.
- Create sales enablement tools including customer presentations, competitor analyses, demonstration guides, etc. and provide support for customer demonstrations, customer training, tradeshows, and overall business development.
- Collaborate with Communications and Sales on defining and implementing marketing programs and campaigns as well as sales promotions.
- Partner with Communications to generate customer value-based marketing messaging and supporting collateral including technical articles, application notes, white papers, webinars, videos, website content, etc.
- Manage product line roadmaps introducing and discontinuing products as they move through the product lifecycle.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Science and Math.
- Greater than 3 years of Product Management or Product Marketing experience
- Passion to continuously learn and gain industry and product knowledge
- Experience performing B2B sales planning, sales forecasting, and competitive pricing analysis
- Experience conducting market research and analysis of data to form strategies on existing product line extensions and/or new product development
- Experience generating strategic product roadmaps and detailed plans
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Proven effective organizational skills