BP has been branded as “beyond petroleum” for about 10 years now and The SDN would like to help them with that goal by brainstorming new ways BP could make money outside of oil:
- Harvest nickel, potassium, titanium, and zinc from household dust.
- Mine nickel, zinc, iron, aluminum, titanium, and copper from ocean water
- Purchase and recycle landfills world-wide, re-purposing steel, copper, plastic, and glass.
- Recycle electronic waste, harvesting silver, gold, and copper.
- Build desalination and water treatment plants worldwide that are powered by geothermal-powered sterling engines, wave energy, and solar power.