Dear NVIDIA Customer,
On behalf of the NVIDIA Vista Quality Assurance team, we would like to thank you for your participation and assistance in improving our products.
We are writing to let you know that there will be a new Windows Vista Beta driver release available to download from NVIDIA in the next few days. This is a new driver which will support GeForce 6, 7 and 8 series graphics boards; it does not support GeForce Go mobile GPUs. Please continue to check with your notebook manufacturer for a new driver for GeForce Go GPUs. GeForce FX users should continue to use the v96.85 driver.
The Vista Quality Assurance homepage has up to the date information on when the driver will be available to download, so please continue to check this website: http://www.nvidia.com/object/vistaqualityassurance.html.
Here is a summary of new features and bug fixes this new driver addresses:
- GeForce 7 series SLI support
- GeForce 6 series SLI support
- GeForce 7950 GX2 support (both GPUs are now operational)
Key Bug Fixes
- Improved OpenGL performance
- Improved NVIDIA SLI performance at high resolutions
- Brief corruption (flickering, boxes) on screen at Windows Vista login, CTR-ALT-DEL (Task Manager), or other function that requires Vista User Account Control
- Playback issues when playing TV/DVD/video in Media Center with Aero enabled
- Outputting via TV-Out shows only a black and white display
- HDTV output does not keep HDTV resolution after restart
- Adjusting Video Color settings from the NVIDIA Control Panel are not getting applied.
- Change Flat Panel Scaling page does not correctly work in the NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Brightness, Contrast and Gamma values remain the same in Adjust Desktop Color settings once closing and opening the NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Corruption on DVI monitor while going to hibernation from standby
- Call of Duty 2 has no performance gain when SLI is enabled
- Madden NFL 07 while playing the screen will freeze, but the game will continue to run and you hear the in-game sounds.
General application compatibility fixes
- Products Supported
- GeForce 8800 GTX/GTS
- GeForce 7 series
- GeForce 6 series
When the driver is available, please view the driver Release Notes for a full list of bugs fixed, known driver issues, products supported, and operating system and application limitations. NVIDIA will continue to provide new drivers that will fix more known driver issues.